Thursday, October 13, 2005

 
When you entered the world, I cried tears of joy.

Today, I cried again, afraid that something would take you away.

Your fever started on 3 October. It was a low grade fever 37.8 so I monitored your condition until 6 October when I brought you the polyclinic. They did a blood test ruling out dengue.

“It is probably a viral fever”, the doctor said.

On 10 October, they tested your blood again.

“Not entirely clear, we’ll test her again on 13 October and if she’s ok we’ll do her last round of immunisation.”

Today, they tested your blood again. I was quite annoyed that you had your blood drawn 3 times. But this is the polyclinic, I trust them to know what is best.

“White blood cells high. Red blood platelets have shot up. We have to review her again.”

The doctor tried to be helpful. He showed me the scores which showed that your blood platelets had exceeded the normal indication.

“What does this mean doctor?”

“We will have to test her again on Saturday 15 October. This is probably a reaction. We could be in a window of recovery, but if it continues to spike up we have to go for further tests.”

“Further tests for what?”

“We check for the possibility of other blood diseases”

15 October is 48 hours away. It stretches ahead like an eternity. For the past hour I have googled ‘blood platelets increasing”. As if by naming the monster, I will be ready for battle.

Between the blood tests, worrying does nothing.

At the same time, I hope that I’m worrying too much for nothing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?